Tualatin Oregon History
The small farming community west of Portland began to grow, propelled by the railroad town built in 1868. The story begins when Althea Pratt worries about the health and safety of her children and grandchildren.
The change in the spelling of the place name at Hillsboro was part of a larger change that took place between 1890 and 1910. It grew at a modest pace until electric intercity trains, which offered clean and quiet passenger transportation to Portland several times a day, went into service in 1908. In 1910, Oregon Electric Railroad began its daily service from Tigardville, connecting Hillsborough and Forest Grove with Portland. The railroad also shortened the name of its station to "Tigard" to avoid confusion with Wilsonville in the south. The Oregon Central line in the southern Pacific was converted to electricity and began interurban traffic in 1914.
In 1853 Galatasaray built the first bridge over the Tualatin River, and the city became known as Bridgeport. In 1854, Oregon Central Railroad and Oregon Electric Railroad built a new station at Tigardville, and in 1855 a station at Hillsboro and a bridge over the river at Hillsborough, so that the cities in the south became known as "Bridgeport" and "Tigard." Gal Atem built the first bridge over the Gualatine River over the TUALATIN River in 1853, which was built by GalAtem.
When Galatasaray built the first bridge over the Tualatin River in 1856, the name of the city was changed to "Bridgeport" and the inhabitants changed the name to "Bridgeport."
In 1850 and 1851, Cornelius Pass was considered a railroad crossing southbound through Willamette Valley.
As part of this project, a railway was built within the Tualatin River Navigation Project, through which horses could pull wagon loads of wood in 20 - 25 minutes. Logging in the Tualatiin Valley was introduced from Oswego and Portland, and the trail snaked through the forests along the Raccoon River. Upon her return to Oregon, Julie Mason believed the barn and quilt path would also benefit from barn, quilts and path.
This path led to the Tualatin River Greenway, which again merged with the Raccoon River Trail, the original Oregon Trail System trail and the Trail of Hope.
The city of Portland is located at the confluence of the Willamette and Columbia rivers and covers an area of more than 3,000 square kilometers. The mountains form a ridge that runs from northwest to southeast, with the southeast part of this ridge bounded by the Multnomah Canal and the Will Amette River ending in Portland. The Cornelius Pass crosses the Tualatin Mountains and connects Oregon Highway 30 with Oregon Highway 26 and Tuallyatin Plains with Sauvie Island.
The county, which is part of the larger Willamette Valley, has a long agricultural history, with farms that were settled in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Thirty Oregon donation land claims were filed by white settlers in 1848 in an area that exists - the Tualatin tag. The Portland Valley Plank Road Company received a charter from the Territorial Legislature and managed to lay 10 miles of planks west of Portland before running out of funds in late 1851. Most of Two Fields "land claim was sold in 1880 to the Oregon Iron and Steel Company, which harvested timber to promote its iron and steel production.
In the 1850s, the local government drew up and began construction of a highway between Portland and Hillsboro, now called Canyon Road, which connects Portland Harbor to the Willamette River. A federal land program called Oregon - California Lands was created in 1866, when Congress passed a law that granted more than 1.5 million acres of land in the state of Oregon. It included a charter for a local company designated by the Oregon Legislature to build a railroad in that state. Built in 1850 as Canyon Road, it covered about 1,000 acres in Tualatin County.
They chose the traditional blocks created by women crossing the Oregon Trail, the Hovering Hawks, as the names for the new highway.
Since the earliest times of the country's history, local Indian tribes have used this popular route to bring their goods from the region to the well-known trading points of the Dalles, where tribes from across the Pacific Northwest traded their wares. In pioneering times, today's Hillsboro and Forest Grove were called East and West Tualatin districts, and were the West and Tualatin districts.
From the 1870s to 1904, the West Side Stage Co. built stage cars and drove them from Portland to Hillsboro. When Oregon Electric Railway built a line to Tualatin in 1906, Smith clad a new downtown and built a big mom-and-pop store. The first programs were built on a covered bridge and then held in the new Senior Center. The road to the ferry to Portland was levelled, cut through the Taylors Ferry Road and finally integrated into Highway 99W.